ASSISTANT TO SENIOR DIRECTOR, New York
ASSISTANT TO SENIOR DIRECTOR
The assistant to the senior director will provide overall administrative and sales support to the gallery’s senior director. The assistant will manage communication, administrative tasks, artist management, sales and exhibition-related activities.
The assistant may be asked to communicate directly with gallery clients on the senior director’s behalf and is expected to do so with poise and professionalism. Candidates must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and pay close attention to details.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall administrative support
- Organize senior director’s schedule and prepare all materials for appointments
- Manage all calls and incoming inquiries from artists, clients and staff
- Coordinate and book all travel and complete associated expense reports
- Assist senior director in preparing and sending offers, managing sales, and following up on invoices
- Assist with art fair preparations
- Prepare and track insurance appraisals
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate degree and knowledge of modern and contemporary art
- At least one years' experience in an executive or administrative assistant role or in a museum, art gallery, or auction house
- Discreet and professional demeanor
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title to which you are applying in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS, NO WALK INS PLEASE.